Welcome to the NAACP-Maricopa County Branch
Since 1919, the Maricopa County Branch of the NAACP has been fulfilling the promise of equal rights for all people by fighting for and addressing civil rights issues in Maricopa County. Today, our branch is proud to carry on the goals and objectives of the NAACP National Office and continues to be active in advocating equality for all citizens.
Over the years, the Maricopa County Branch of NAACP has made great strides to increase its membership and to advance our mission to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
We welcome your ideas and expertise in helping develop strategies on our continued journey for justice and equality. The struggle for Civil Rights needs “All Boots” on the ground more than ever. If you are currently a member of the NAACP, thank you for your continued support. If you are not currently a member, we ask for your support and your membership because together we make a positive difference.
Thank You for Celebrating with us!
Friday, September 25, 2020
Waiting Room opens at 6:30 p.m.
Program begins at 7:00 p.m.
Featuring Ms. Jamie-Clare Flaherty
- Dr. Warren Stewart, Sr., Pastor of 1st Institutional Baptist Church who will be presented with the PRESTIGIOUS PRESIDENT’S AWARD for his continuous leadership in the community and his integral part in making the Dr. Rev. Martin L. King, Jr. holiday recognized in Arizona.
- Calvin C. Goode, Former Phoenix City Councilman – PIONEER AWARD
- Attorney Robin Coulon, Director of Legal Services at the Area Agency on Aging, Region One. Inc. – PIONEER AWARD.
- Dr. Larry Johnson, President of Phoenix College – TRAILBLAZER AWARD
- Dr. DeShawn Taylor, MD., Owner and Medical Director Desert Star Family Planning, LLC. – TRAILBLAZER AWARD
- Lindsay Love, 1st Black Woman member of the Chandler United School District Governing Board – TRAILBLAZER AWARD
- The Anti-Defamation League of Arizona – COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD
- The Arizona Center for Disability Law – COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD
- The HeroZona Foundation – COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD
- The Roosevelt School District Governing Board – COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD
- In Recognition & Memory of Benny Malone – COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD